Our infrastructure includes:
- sample preparation utilities
- balance, compounding (composites), mixing, high shear mixing, sonication (suspensions, gels) etc.
- state-of-the-art rheometry and viscometry with broad range of accessries; our challenge here is to be able of measuring anything that flows
- Anton Paar MCR702e Space
- Anton Paar MCR702 TwinDrive
- Anton Paar MCR702 MultiDrive
- advanced rheometry, i.e. nonlinear spectroscopy, hyphenated rheological techniques, interfacial rheology etc.
- capillary rheometry, various circular and slit dies
- Göttfert RG20
- fiber spinning (coupled to capillary rheometry for small batches)
- additive manufacturing of gels / bioprinting (incl. UV-curing)
- Cellink BIO X
- single screw extrusion with various compression and mixing screws, circular, film, film blowing and tubing dies
- Brabender 19/25D single screw extruders
- inline rheometry die systems (viscosity, normal stress differences), optical visualization and analysis setup for the detection of melt flow instabilities
- injection molding and compression molding (limited extent)
- dynamic mechanical thermal analysis, in torsion and tension/compression; temperature range: [-130,450] C
- Rheometrics RSA II
- two-point electrical conductivity measuring setup
- tensile testing
- Zwick z2.5
- impact testing
- Tinius Olsen
- temporary hosting: pipe flow test rig; laser profilometry; texture analyzer.
Note that many of the more advanced options are part of developmental work (method / technique).